Monday, April 26, 2010

Miami, here I come!!! ~ Boston MA Fashion Photographer

It's Monday morning and things have returned back to normal which means I have time to blog about a certain lil' contest I was dying to win..... and did!! It was pretty intense and was never a sure bet so I was on edge for a whole week. I was in 1st then 2nd, back to 1st, back to 2nd! Ahhh, the craziness of it all! Thank you to all the people that put up with me nagging for votes - you're saints. :)

So, here's what all the fuss was about and why I wanted to win so badly! Kristen Weaver Photography has been in business for a relatively short time (in the scheme of things) and in that time, she has been published a bunch of times, started an international charity (Images for a Cure) and is the go-to girl for stylish brides who want a bit of fashion mixed in with their wedding photography. Definitely a photographer I could learn a thing or two from! At this juncture in my career, I have the confidence in my work, the website to show for it and slowly spreading word of mouth from happy clients - I'm on my way to making a living off of my passion and just need a little direction in the form of a mentor... I want Kristen Weaver as that mentor ;)

Enough about me.... on to the prizes!!

Kristen and I will be spending 2 days together in Miami, FL. One day we will be collaborating on a fashion/wedding shoot and the other we'll be 1/2 relaxing, 1/2 talking shop. The images from the shoot will be professionally edited by Jennifer Frances Retouching. Kristen will shop them around in hopes of publication and I get to sit back with my fingers crossed that someone picks it up! A HUGE goal of mine is to be published this year... seeing your work in print has got to be mind blowing and I am dying to have it happen!

Along with the photo shoot, some generous sponsors will be hooking me up with some really sweet prizes, including:

A year of online proofing and $100 print credit from Collages.net!
3 months of platinum advertising on OneWed.com
2 of Kristen's fav action sets from MCP Actions
AND a hand dandy surprise from Shootsac (man, I hope it's this)

I still can't believe I won and am not accustomed to winning anything... it's still a little overwhelming even 2 weeks later!!!! We're in the planning stages and I'll update when I'm headed down to sunny Florida for some fun, fashion and photography!!

Thank you SO much everyone who pulled through for me! I TOLD you I'd be quieter once the contest was over ;) Your support was astronomical and it drives me to want to do better, be better and succeed more when I know I have so many people pulling for me. I love you and thank you again! You have made this girl feel very lucky indeed.... even if I didn't win!

much love and respect,
Shannon Grant
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment