Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Barn at Gibbett Hill - Matt and Meg's Wedding ~ Groton Photography

The wedding was colorful, the wind was powerful and the people were beautiful. I couldn't ask for anything more :)

Being relatively fresh faced to the business of wedding photography, each venue is completely new and exciting when I shoot there for the first time. It can be scary as it's all brand new to me but that's also why it's exciting! M & M had their ceremony and reception at Gibbett Hill in Groton MA and it was gorgeous. From the cows grazing on the hill to the chandelier lit barn.. I was overwhelmed with the understated elegance of this venue in the "country". (Not to mention.... the FOOD.)

Finding inspiration for wedding photography almost everyday, I have been dying to recreate a shot of a couple on top of a hill with nothing but a broad expanse of sky behind and above them. As Matt and Meg walked ahead of me on our way to shoot formals, I was pleasantly surprised that the hill we were on was just tall enough for me to give it a shot! A kiss on the cheek, wind blowing her dress... needless to say, I am SO happy with how it came out!

In closing I would like to thank Matt for making it OK for me to cry as they said their vows... ;)

Congratulations go out to the happy couple!!! Thank You so much for letting me be a part of your wedding day!

xo
~S

















2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Photo's!! You are amazing Shannon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're pretty amazing yourself ;) Thank you for the kind words!

    xo

    ReplyDelete